May 26, 2008

Start Planning!

[wingsparade2.png][wingsparade3.png]

OUR BELOVED WINGS ARE ON THE VERGE!
THOSE FLIGHTLESS PENGUINS WERE NO THREAT TO US!!

I wanted to get the jump on everything and have this blog become the center of all planning surrounding the inevitable Stanley Cup Parade in Detroit. Maybe we can get some "tailgating" going. My wife and I camped out in Hart Plaza overnight for the last Cup parade in order to get a front-row seat for the players talking at the podium.

I'm guessing that the players will talk at a podium in Hart Plaza, which is what they've done before. I wasn't sure about the origin of the parade back in 2002, but I was at the Pistons parade in 2004, and it went as follows:

[map.gif]

^^ Sorry about cutting off some of Chene Street lol ^^

I was at one of the Cup parades that went down Woodward Avenue and ended at Hart Plaza. Anyone know if there was a reason why the Pistons parade didn't follow this same route? Is this a blueprint for how the city wants parade to go now?







[Konstantinov.jpg]

I wanted to dedicate the blog to Vladdy.
He has been a source of inspiration for Wings fans.

Please! Leave comments with speculation about the route.